Thursday 5 April 2012

Cooking....

Again, it's been a few days since I updated my blog and a lot has happened, well, it feels like a lot.

On Saturday after my last blog was published it generated quite some interest and a fair amount of feedback too.  Not all of it welcome or positive.  I understood the reasons though.

If you've read the last few entries you'll have noticed my complete change in focus.  This is quite simply due to meeting someone who, I am surprised to say, has completely turned my world upside down.

Many people since Steve passed have said I would meet someone else and I was dead set against it.  No way, never! We're my initial thoughts but over the months my views have changed to yes,  maybe one day.

After meeting Jonathan I now think that the 'one day' I envisaged as a long way off is here now.  Jonathan is a great guy and I am already very happy with him and am looking forward to a bright and exciting future.

Unfortunately, as we know not all things in life are straight forward and this story is no exception.  Jonathan has split from his partner, it's not for me to discuss here but clearly Jonathan adjusted to his situation quicker than his previous partner.

I don't need to elaborate on the situation as its not my place to discuss their business but I am pleased to say that what was turning in to a stressful and highly charged situation has now cooled somewhat.  Whilst I have no desire to be caught in any 'crossfire' I will still be there to support Jonathan.  Fortunately now it seems things can be resolved in an amicable fashion.

Both parties want to remain friends as they have a lot of history together and this can be achieved, it can be difficult but I am pleased to count at least two of my previous partners as friends now.  The latest being as a direct result of Stephen defending my ex! Typical Steve, always the peacemaker.

Anyway, moving on from that tonight (Wednesday) I am cooking for Jonathan.  I really enjoy cooking for someone else and Steve was always a willing guinea pig for my trials.  I hope Jonathan won't object to being a guinea pig too, I sort of guess he won't.  Right now whilst I am typing this I have some things simmering on the job and I am supping Babycham.  Things are good and I am happy.

 Well I've just had a text from Jonathan, he's been texting me all day, 11 hours to go, 9 hours, 5 hours etc all on countdown to being here and collecting the huge hug I have waiting for him.  I love his excitement, it is very endearing and I mean that in a good way not a patronising way.

I'll no doubt update over the weekend, I am actually also going to let Jonathan read this before I post it as I really don't want to rock the boat for him and cause any stress but I really do want to shout from the rooftops about how happy he has made me and how lovely I think he is.

Bye for now,
M x

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I am so so so so so happy for you.
    I truly wish you nothing but joy this evening and every day after, by yourself or with company.

    Be kind to yourself. Wash and I understand. Celebrate being happy. You *DO* deserve it. <3
    Love always from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete