Wednesday, 1 December 2010

One day to go

Well today was the penultimate day of my treatment and I can honestly say that after meeting with the Doctor as I do every Wednesday (she’s actually a leading Oncologist) that I feel very positive.

As usual my bloods are all OK, we have discussed me going back to work in January – although this is only going to be part time at first and will be a phased entry back to work, I can actually see things happening and I'm slowly getting my life back. It’s something I am going to have t work out with my boss and the Oncologist but at least it’s an option.

My Oncologist did ask me all though usual questions and commented that I had done remarkably well to get to this stage of the treatment and still feel as well as I do. The tiredness is quickly becoming part of my day, and am determined not to let it disrupt me. She said that it is more beneficial for me to work through tie fatigue and then have a decent rest rather than semi-vegetating and then resting as well, which is exactly what I have been doing. On a downside to this she has explained that the fatigue tends to get worse towards week 5 after treatment is completed before it gets better.

This is one thing I’m just going to have to put up with. If this is the only real side effect of my treatment then I can’t complain – I have now even stopped thinking about my baldy head as I wear a hat when I go out (especially with the weather as it is) Another good thing she told us today was even though the MRI and CAT scans that are completed tell then a lot of information, however one of the most important factors they look at is the general health of the patient. And considering I’m in good form at the moment, it really did put a smile on my face, and Mark too.
On the way back from the hospital in the snow we had a text from Leon, who normally lives in Israel, but was on a whistle-stop tour of the UK, and his last night he was staying in a hotel in Manchester so that he can be near the airport early tomorrow for his flight.
Was nice to see Leon. We miss his randomness and Leon ways.
Nick and Geoff also came round, which again was nice as I do love a full house and there were many conversations bounding around.

Tomorrows treatment as I have said is the last one in this run. I can’t wait for it all to be over, now it’s not the treatment that’s getting to me it’s the travelling too. Mark has done most of the Christies runs, and I can’t thank him enough for this but my mum and dad have done a couple each and Lawrence has done one too, they can all see how tiring just going that few miles across town, waiting for however long at the hospital and then getting stuck in traffic can be.

If I could turn up for treatment, be in and out and not get stuck in traffic it would a lot easier, but unfortunately it’s not the case, and for the last three days I have had to wait for over an hour and a half because of delays. Suspect that due to the weather this will be the same again tomorrow. Will just have to wait and see.

Anyway were currently wrapping presents (well Mark is I’m writing my Blog) and then I need to look at our webhosting account as we have all lost our emails, and I’m lost without email....
Then am having an early night.

Till tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment