Wednesday 9 February 2011

People

I said I would update again this evening and I am.

The last few days have been a little stressful for a few reasons, some of
which are just the usual day to day stresses, and others due to my illness.

Having Cancer doesn't just effect the person but a wide circle of people
around you as well. That's the big problem I have had this week.

Last week with my scan and results I now regret telling people that I was
going for the scan and the results, even though there was no results.

Now this sounds awful but when everyone you meet on a daily basis want to
know the same thing over and over it starts to really rub.

I know that people are asking me out of pure interest and care in me, and
that's lovely. I just don't want to be the centre of attention all the time.
Which coming from someone who lived in the spotlight with Miss Whiplash is
rather odd.

Never mind I'm sure it will all come out in the wash, like I say it's just
been one of those weeks.

On another slat, my diary is filling up with dates of meetings and events I
need to attend, and now social events were invited too, I have to put
everything in my diary otherwise I forget, and Mark has them in his diary
too so that he is aware of where we are or where I am if I go AWOL

Another direction - I have just had some exciting news that may see a one
off appearance by Miss Whiplash, details will be confirmed but will be nice
to see the old girl back in the swing of things, even if it is just for one
event.

Anyway, rant over and news delivered so am off to bed, another day at my
desk tomorrow, I'm getting good at this working lark, that's if I can stay
at my desk long enough and my PC doesn't throw me off, then am off to BASIC
tomorrow where again I need to make more plans for the next few weeks.

Night all

Steve x

No comments:

Post a Comment