Wednesday 2 February 2011

And the results are in....

Well as I said earlier I went for the results of my MRI scan today and as I
expected (and hoped) there really isn't any news.

Because of my Radiotherapy and chemo treatment there is still a lot going on
in my head that can makes the situation look worse up there with swelling
and such, but this doesn't necessarily mean that it is bad news.

He said there were no areas of concern and that everything was as expected
to be up there for a scan result for now.

He has suggested that I stick with the steroids for a while longer just
whilst things settle down.

He has said I can phase myself back into work, but have to be ultra careful
for infections as my immune system will be lowered whilst im on the chemo
and working in an office isn't the ideal place for a chemo patient because
of the bugs that go round, but he said as long as am careful and don't
overdo it I should be OK.

He also said I am able to fly I just have to take a few precautions whilst
doing so, and again the main issue is infection. So looks like things are
slowly getting back to a normal or as normal as can be.

I feel a lot more positive now after today's meeting and know the headaches
are just something that my body is doing to whilst it sorts itself out.

So all in all not a bad day - although I did learn something at BASIC - I'm
not good at glass painting, I just don't have steady hands so it looks a bit
pants.

Never mind, will stick to cards and diamante application.....

Steve x

No comments:

Post a Comment