Tuesday 8 January 2013

Time flies

Time flies not just when you're having fun but in general. I remember my mum saying that years ago and arguing that time will always pass at the same rate. An hour is and hour, a day is a day and a year a year etc so how can they go faster or shorter? They do though.

It doesn't seem that long since I was looking forward to 2012 and wondering what it would bring well, even though I may have hoped for what I got I doubt I would have thought it possible. A new job, a new partner, a registered charity number and the house sold.... Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad and hopefully the house will sell soon.

The new job is going well. I've been in training since I started on 3rd December and will be until the end of March. It's going well, I am enjoying it and am sure I have made the right move.

The charity is ticking over, it's almost on a simmer as my main job is getting my full attention until the period is over.

The new relationship is not that new any more, it's 10 months in now and is good. The parts I used to dislike about new relationships, the learning about habits good and bad and likes and dislikes are now the things I like and am enjoying. It's not always perfect but isn't that part of learning about each other? I think so, that, for me, is exactly what makes it perfect. The fact we are both takin the time to learn about; and from each other.

Looking forward to the year ahead there is much I would like to happen and much that could happen but I really only want the house to sell so we can all move on and have a fresh start.

This year I am planning to utilise an idea I read about. Basically every day you make a note of something that made you smile or made you happy along with something which may have made you sad or frustrated you. Then, at the end of the year, open the jar and look back on all the good memories but also look back at the frustrations and see how well you have overcome the challenges you faced.

I've started well and hope to be able to keep the momentum going. I may not manage 365 notes this year but I hope to at least capture a large part of the minor highs throughout the year.

Well I guess that's about all for now, I'm on a meal break at work so it's time to get back to it.

Until next time, take care,
Mark X

No comments:

Post a Comment